Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Plan | An American Girl Tea Party | Kit Kittredge | 1930s

  "BEST birthday EVER!!!" - A review from my now seven year old daughter about the American Girl Tea Party we spent nearly a year planning. I know. That's how I roll, now, though. I mean we didn't exactly plan our births...So we have a February 28th birthday, a March 31st birthday and an April 9th birthday.
I know.
But if you're not new to my blogs, you already know we're a little crazy.
If you are new...well...we're crazy.
  So we planned this 1930s/Kit Kittredge themed party for Lorelai. She wanted a tea party and wanted the American Girls to be incorporated. Now I'm a mom on a budget, so we made a lot of stuff! My Mister is so amazing, he crafted right along with me!
* We made flower pens [pens wrapped in floral tap, end cap of pen taken out and silk flower inserted [without stem] and hot glued.
* We made little notebooks to go with those. Mini composition books wrapped in vintage calico fabric [and attached lace to tie it up to keep them closed]
* A paper doily and satin ribbon banner [I forgot to get a good picture of it...I totally fail sometimes]
* The goody bags were brown paper bags, with a doily folded over it, then hole punched w/two holes and ribbon pulled through it to make a bow.
* Each girl received : a notebook, flower pen, a wood fan [with lacy details], white gloves, a Kit Kittredge book [I'm a huge advocate for reading!], some old fashioned candy and a Kit Kittredge word search!
* We ate tea sandwiches, scones, had pink lemonade. The girls got to make a mini apple pie, play games outside and get some ice cream!
  CLICK IMAGES to View Gallery Style



































No comments:

Post a Comment