Friday, July 13, 2012

Plan | School's Out Slumber Party


  I adore party planning! Our girls, Little Miss Diva and Little Miss Sassy, have been begging for a slumber party. We lost our minds had fun planning this gathering for a party of eight 5-7 year old girls. We decided to make it an annual party for when school's out for the girls and their friends, though next year [and until our sanity returns...or goes missing again, depending on your view] we will most likely make it a party and let them have one friend each stay the night.


  Beloved Mister D was up until the last one passed out [around 2am]. You see, the girls voted him the one to sleep downstairs on the couch [while their sleeping bags carpeted the living room] since he's "tall and big and can scare the monsters," said one of the rather precocious seven year old.

side note: run-on sentences are part of this blog's charm...but they irritate me otherwise.

where were we?

right. scaring monsters.

Basically I decided to do this party MONTHS ago. I am a huge planner. I like things to go as planned, so I start early to make sure all the details come through. I love details. Details make it fun and memorable : )


Where I got my supplies:
Pop Corn Containers : Target Dollar Bins [a long time ago but they still have them]
Pillowcases : Walmart [tried the Dollar Store first but theirs don't have cotton in them]
Custom Iron Ons : Made those myself using photoshop. I found the dolls I wanted to showcase, layered them together, used a free American Girl Font for the girls names and 'logo'
Fabric Markers : Amazon [free shipping] & cheap
Doll Favors : They sell these in sets of four on Oriental Trading website, but I got them on Ebay for cheaper and months ago [that's my early planning thing...]
Bag Decorating Craft : Bags and all supplies came from the Dollar Store
Snacks : Target Dollar Bins
Paper Straws : Amazon [used free shipping & bought a big thing that has lasted me almost a year now]

All Decor was stuff I keep on hand - mason jars, the recycled glass bottles [buying them is SO expensive so we save yoohoo bottles and starbucks coffee bottles over time]

decorating the goody bags

 I had the girls each Autograph each other's pillowcase! Fabric Markers + Pillowcase = cheapo momento. see what i did there?



The American Girl Movies are AMAZING! We own all of them! Clean wholesome movies that teach valuable lessons! We watched about how Molly did her part during WWII

Pillowcase Race!!!


In case you were lost as to how they look while inside a pillow.  they signed the back side of the pillowcases....in case you were also wondering about that.

These cheap dolls are well made and the girls LOVED THEM TO PIECES AND BITS. metaphorically speaking. They couldn't believe they got to actually KEEP a doll!


mmm...nom nom...

once yoohoo bottles, now party throwing novelty!

Getting ready to watch Molly Movie

The whole mini setup


Poor Beloved Mister D got beat up a lot. A LOT.

Our little ladies!

Popsicles before they got suited up for splashing around!

No comments:

Post a Comment